Despite a quiet holiday, Ryan and I are expecting a large, and mildly expensive event to occur over the holidays. Because of this event, we have decided that in the interest of saving money and avoiding unnecessary stress, we are NOT to give each other gifts. Whtas the big event you ask? Ryan and i are expanding our family... we are getting a puppy! He is a red Shiba Inu puppy named Charlie, and he will be joining us around the 19th of December! We are insanely excited, and it helps alleviate the sadness of not seeing our family at Christmas.
The only speed-bump in our plan, is that our families still want to send us gifts, even though we TRULY do not want to receive anything but love. So after some discussion with my Mother (the parent who picks out our presents each year) she has insisted that she would like to send us gifts, no matter what our plans are. So at my mothers request, I will post a list of items (albeit reluctantly) that i would be very pleased to receive as gifts during the holidays, so that Mom wont "get me something that I will say i like, but i really dont" (her words, not mine! haha love you, Mom!)
My "I don't need anything, but these would be nice" Christmas list.
- A sewing machine (nothing fancy here... i dont know how to sew. I just want to learn how!)
- Wide shaft boots (for my extra large calves. Im a tank!) Preferably something warm, with a small or no heel at all.
- A winter jacket. not to be confused with a coat. I have one of those. I dont have a jacket. You know, the kind you use when skiing, or playing in the snow (which Charlie!) or when doing active outdoor activities tha
t require casual and comfortable dress.
- An incubus shirt.
- CBU clothes. But preferably something long, and not too tight. I want to represent my home as much as i can, but if its a heavy, short or tight t-shirt, i probably wont wear it :(
- A flash, lights, or beginners backdrop for my Canon DSLR Rebel Xt. This is pricey, unless you find a slick deal onlibe.
- something - ANYTHING - from thinkgeek.com. I LOVE their stuff.
- A magic bag. Its something we dont have, but always want, and never remember to buy.
- USB Heated gloves. Cause im always cold at work, especially my hands. You can find these babys online here or here, and many other places online. A Google seach will get you many results.
- A ram upgrade for my MacBook. The poor thing is really slowing down. I think this would be around $70 or $80, and id have to provide you will all the necessary information to get the correct ram.
- Insane deal for designers: 55,000 designers elements for only $50!!! Limited time offer... goes up to $100 in 38 hours.
- A vacuum cleaner. Nothing special. Just something that actually works. Preferably something small, since we live in such a teensy-weensy apartment.
- The KERN Sweater for designers. I've wanted this one for years.
- Some $$$ towards a new dining room table from Ikea.
- Curtains. To keep us warm, because our windows are drafty. The only problem? Our windows are 200" long.
- Book: "Graphic Design: A Users Manual"
- Skates, so that I can skate the canal this year.
More ideas will surely be posted soon, Mom. My mind is always thinking of the things I need.